Many Indian houses depend on air coolers, especially in the sweltering summertime. They offer an excellent alternative to air conditioners, and are economical as well as environmentally friendly. Desert coolers, tower coolers, slim air coolers, portable tent coolers, duct coolers, and centralized air coolers are just a few of the several air coolers offered in the market.
Knowing which type is best for your home is crucial because each has particular features and advantages that sets it apart. To assist you in making a well-informed selection when buying an air cooler, we will highlight the top 5 air coolers designs for Indian homes in this post and review their features, benefits, and drawbacks.
Desert air coolers
Desert coolers are intended to cool more extensive areas like living rooms or hallways. They pull heated air from the outside and send it through a wet cooling pad to produce cool air. Energy-efficient desert air coolers can lower indoor temperatures by 10-15 degrees Celsius. They also have features like large water tank, speed control and automated water replenishment. They are more expensive and substantially larger than other types of air cooler.
- Suitable for cooling larger spaces such as living rooms or halls
- Energy-efficient and can reduce indoor temperatures by up to 10-15 degrees Celsius
- Equipped with useful features large water tank, speed control and automatic water filling.
- Relatively larger and more expensive than other types of air coolers
- They are noisier and are not suitable for smaller spaces or bedrooms
The streamlined design and space-saving feature makes tower coolers popular in Indian homes. They offer wider distribution of air because of their height and thus are very effective cooling for a large space like hall. Tower coolers offer convenience and ease of use with features castors, auto air swing and speed control options. Customers do get a choice to select the models with woodwool or honeycomb cooling pads in tower coolers and they are quite easy to maintain.
- Sleek design and space-saving features
- Energy-efficient option
- Equipped with valuable features for convenience and ease of use
- The water tank capacity is comparatively lesser than the desert coolers
- They may not provide cooling as effectively as desert or duct types of air coolers
Slim Air Cooler
Personal air coolers, also called slim air coolers, are made to cool small to medium-sized spaces like bedrooms or compact living areas. Since they are small and light, moving them around the house is simple. Slim air coolers use a cooling pad to take hot air from the room before delivering cool air into the space. They are energy-efficient and can lower indoor temperatures by 5-7 degrees Celsius. Speed control, auto air swing, float ball for auto water filling are some standard features for these coolers.
- Suitable for cooling small to medium-sized rooms such as bedrooms or small living spaces
- Compact and lightweight, making them easy to move around the house
- Energy-efficient and can reduce indoor temperatures by up to 5-7 degrees Celsius
- It may not be suitable for cooling larger spaces or during sweltering weather conditions.
- They may not have as many features as larger air coolers
Portable tent coolers
Jumbo size plastic air coolers, also called portable tent coolers, are suitable for large open places like sit outs, gardens or open terraces. They have a lightweight construction and very heavy air throw to cover a large area. They are an excellent choice for individuals who love to party or love to enjoy open natural environment during hot summers. Portable tent coolers have an adjustable fan speed and a large water tank, and they come with heavy duty wheels for rough and tough use. They are simple to use and require very little upkeep.
- Lightweight design with heavy duty wheels, suitable for large open spaces
- Equipped with adjustable fan speeds, and a large water tank
- Easy to operate and require minimal maintenance
- It may not be suitable for indoor spaces
- They may not offer as good cooling effect as other types of air coolers
These are special design of coolers, which have cooling pads on all the 4 sides and the fan is placed on the top side of coolers. Duct type opening on the top of cooler directs the air to front side of the cooler and therefore they are called as duct coolers. They are easy to place in balcony or can be easily placed in the windows from outside. They can also be placed inside right in front of an open door. Duct coolers are made to cool larger areas, such as showroom, office, or a large hall. While a duct cooler is in operation, hot air from outside as well as from the room is drawn in through the wet cooling pads. The air cools down due to water evaporation and is blown out into the space through top duct. They provide very consistent cooling in an extensive area and are energy-efficient. They are comparatively costlier than other air coolers and do not need any professional installation.
- Suitable for cooling larger spaces such as office, showroom, or a large hall
- Energy-efficient and can maintain consistent temperatures
- Large duct coolers can be connected to a central air-cooling system
- comparatively costlier than other cooler types
- Specifically need to be placed outside in balcony or window for effective cooling
Indian summers are cool with air coolers. In this blog, we learned about desert coolers, tower coolers, slim air coolers, portable tent coolers, duct coolers, and centralized air coolers.
Tower coolers and slim coolers save space due to streamlined design and fit small rooms or flats. Portable tent coolers are lightweight and robust large size coolers for open spaces. Duct coolers and centralized air coolers cool big spaces, and are generally installed from outside.
Air coolers conserve electricity and have a lower carbon impact than air conditioners. Consider room size, cooling needs, and budget when purchasing an air cooler.
Hopefully now you have a better understanding of air coolers and how to pick the right one for your home based on your needs. To find the best deals on air coolers today, check out our product space.
Check out our blog “Tips to Beat the Summer Heat in 2023” for more cooling tricks this summer.
CONTACT RAM COOLERS:
You can choose from the most competitive air cooler options within your estimated budget.
View the available models on the official website: https://www.ramcoolers.com/
If you have any questions, please contact @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to call us at: 9392035377 (Office timing 11:00 am to 8:00 pm).